At Social Health Services Group, Inc. we work hard to match individuals with the best possible employment opportunities. Vocational Services includes training that emphasizes skills and knowledge required for a particular job function or a trade.
Vocational services include but are not limited to:
- Pre-vocational activities such as assessing capabilities and interests, resume development, and interviewing.
- Addressing barriers to employment, such as needed accommodations and assistive technology.
- Support for retaining the job, including workplace relations and meeting employer expectations.
- Job training, work skill training, and placement programs.
- Training in social skills, acceptable work behaviors, and other skills such as money management.
- Basic safety skills.
- Training in work-related hygiene.
In the job development area, support staff will help individuals with the following:
- Searching for jobs.
- Completing job applications.
- Job preparedness.
- Any further needed skill sets/job training.
- Preparing for job interviews.
To schedule a visit, or to initiate the admissions/placement process, please call our Intake Coordinator at: 410-381-1114, or toll free at 866-560-6357.